So I just got done scanning the latest watercolor painting I've finished for this semester. It's fairly large -- I had to scan it in eight parts!
This semester I started off doing paintings inspired by creation stories from different religions/cultures, but it wasn't working out so well. So I decided to do something similar to last semester's humans & plant series -- humans & animals! Only with a mythological slant to it to still tie in what I was doing before.

I had the idea of Hermes in mind for this one, but I wanted to do something a little different -- so, pretty tropical bird wings instead of the normal white! I really love the wing a whole lot; I'm going to do some more feathers and wings in my future paintings.
Concerning the digital work? Photoshop has been giving me all sorts of hell, and keeps crashing while I work on it. This doesn't exactly keep me very enthusiastic about working on it, but soon, soon! I'll get back into it.
I still plan to scan my older watercolors as well, so look forward to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment