Tuesday, November 6, 2007

more lilliam progress, some past watercolor

Oh hey there. I'm coming down sick. It's not exactly fun, but I'm making the most of my time at home and cleaning and doing some art. Like more progress on this!



I started roughing in the background (I'm thinking woodsy!), and I added in some more details and refined existing things. I'm having some trouble with Photoshop, so my progress is slowing down, but overall I'd say I've only spent a handful of hours on the digital work. Definitely getting faster!

I figured I'd start scanning in and uploading some of my previous watercolor pieces from last year. I wind up scanning them in multiple pieces, since they don't fit on the scanner, and it's not exactly easy to combine all of them into one viewable image. I'll try doing one a day; I've got three of them hanging on my wall currently and a few stuffed in my portfolio from the past. I've also finished some work for my current watercolor class that I'd like to scan in as well, but it's currently hanging up in the beginning watercolor studio.

So, here's number one!



I originally painted this horizontally, as shown, but I kind of like it vertically as well, which is how it's currently hanging on my wall.



My focus on this series was combining human parts with plant elements. Foot, meet fern! This was around the middle of the semester, when I started loosening up. I do so love the colors and layering. And the red is really beautiful in person.

No comments: